Need To Know
Cabins and Accommodations
- Our comfortable cabins sleep 4-6 guests
- Thick feather duvets top our standard mattresses
- Full bathrooms with showers and plenty of hot water
- Large relaxing seating areas to unwind
- Wood burning stoves
- Daily linen and housekeeping service
Main Lodge and Meals
Nothing beats a great day of fishing with the exception of a relaxing evening sharing stories, trading secrets or measuring up your competition, with friends and new acquaintances. Unwind in the quiet, comfort of our main lodge which hosts a bar, dining room and deck off the common area with a view next to none. Enjoy our amenities as if they were yours while you plan your next days adventures.
- A full service dining room and bar
- Full time chefs that prepare delicious meals with fresh bread, pastries and desserts
- A wide variety of menu items including: Steak, Ribs, Chicken, and Prime Rib guaranteed to make your mouth water
- Cocktails and appetizers served on the deck as you unwind from your full day of fishing
- Breakfast and Dinner are prepared and served in the main lodge while lunch is prepared and enjoyed in natures dining room
Plan on having one of the best fishing experiences of your life enjoying breathtaking scenery, wild life and hauling in trophy Northern Pike and Lake Trout on Tazin Lake. The lake is 40 kms long and 10-12 kms wide with many islands and secluded bays totaling over 450 kms of rarely fished shoreline.
Things you need to know when traveling to Tazin Lake Lodge:
- When traveling from the U.S. to Canada you will go through Canadian Customs when you land in Canada. No matter in what city you go through customs, be sure and reclaim and recheck your baggage.
- We have at the Lodge soft drinks and bottled water. The price for these is $3 and $4. This will be added to your bill upon departure.
- If you require alcoholic beverages, please let us know what kind of liquor or wine you desire and we will have it for you at the Lodge upon your arrival. The cost of liquor and wine will be added to your bill.
- You will need to buy a seasonal Saskatchewan fishing license. You can buy this online at www.enviroinment.gov.sk.ca or you may call them at 1-855-848-4773. The license needs to be kept with you on you person at all times. If you forget to purchase your license you can get one at Ft. Mac Aviation before your departure to the Lodge.
- If you have a problem or need assistance after you arrive in Ft. McMurray, you may contact the Lodge directly at 1-306-667-3892 or email Doug Forsberg at email@example.com. Doug is the Lodge manager and will help you with whatever problem you may have.
- You will be flying to the Lodge out of Ft. McMurray Aviation at 7:00 AM on the Saturday morning on the dates you have scheduled. Their phone number is 1-877-877-2359. You need to be there at around 6:40 AM to unload and weigh your baggage. A weight limit of 50 pounds per person is recommended. The Chateau Nova Hotel has a shuttle that will take you to Ft. McMurray Aviation.
- You should bring your favorite pike lures and any other lures that are on our equipment list on our web site. You must remember that we are at the 60th parallel and you need to bring a medium jacket, good rain gear and we suggest long underwear just in case it is cold.
- The Lodge has 24 hour electricity, wifi at no charge, computer access and satellite tv.
If you need any further information or clarification, please contact Trevor Montgomery at (306)291-3151.